Sometimes situations arise beyond our control and we aren’t able to keep the dog or cat like we thought. If you find yourself in this situation, Furry Nation Salvation (FNS) would like to help you re-home your animal while they stay in the comfort and safety of their own home and not at risk of euthanization by placing the pet in a shelter.
Animals in shelters are kept in small cages next to other animals. This is very stressful for them and often results in behavioral issues and exposure to sickness, such as kennel cough or upper respiratory infections. Unfortunately, sick animals, behavioral issues and overcrowding are the leading causes of euthanasia at the shelter.
If you’re unable to keep your dog or cat long-term but can keep him or her during the time it takes to find a new home, FNS can help! With over 10 years of experience, we know what it takes to rehome your pet successfully!
How To Begin FNS Re-homing Assistance Program
- Place The First Ad (with our help): Furry Nation Salvation requires you to post the FIRST ad utilizing the PET section of Craigslist which is located under community. Craigslist is a FREE way to advertise and gives a lot of exposure to any pet in need. We highly suggest you use our “copy” and “Paste” section for your ad and it is located here (rehoming assistance program 2). This way you will advertise in the right manner and attract the right kind of adopter. Don’t forget to renew your ad on craigslist every 3 days! Don’t know how? Click here (Youtube link) to watch a short video.
- Send Us The Link: Once you’ve completed the ad, send us the link (email or text to us) and we will do the rest! We take the information you provide and use that to post the animal into our adoption sites (included but not limited to; Pet finder, Adopt a Pet, All Paws, Pet Curious, and our Facebook page Furry Nation Salvation. *Not good with a computer or posting photos? Please let us know so we can assist you further.
- Worried About Using Craigslist? Never judge an individual by the site they come from. A person who comes from Petfinder is no better of an individual than someone from Craigslist. Determining if they are a responsible adopter is decided on the questions you ask, information you obtain, and their previous history of current or past pets.
What FNS Provides To You:
- Useful Resources: Online resources are provided such as adoption applications and/or contracts to aid in the adoption process. Scroll to the bottom to find our clickable links!
- You Decide Who Gets Your Pet: You have the ability to screen potential adopters with criteria provided to you, set up adoption meetings, and determine who adopts your animal. We have a list of questions you may consider asking when a potential adopter calls. View some of this helpful information here (Rehoming assistance program 3).
- You Keep The Adoption Fee: Decide on a small rehoming fee. For a harder to adopt pet who may be shy consider $10-15. Typically $35-45 is an average fee for an adult.
- We Are Always Here: We are always here to answer questions or give advice. You will not be left alone in the process and we are great communicators. We are bond by our extreme passion to help any animal in need. Reach out to us at any time!
- Advertising In The RIGHT Way: We educate you how to advertise in the right manner to find responsible homes without simply “giving the cat away for free” to anyone who will take it. Don’t forget to use our “Copy” and “Paste” section to use in your ad. It is located here (Rehoming assistance program 2).
To Qualify For This Program, Your Animal Must Meet The Following Requirements:
- Spayed or Neutered: As required by Florida State Law, your animal must be spayed or neutered (if over 6 months old) in order for us to assist in the adoption referral. Please know we can offer assistance in this if needed by facilitating no cost spay/neuter locations, or providing our list of low cost spay/neuter facilities and they are located here (Link to our “locations for discount spay and neuter on our website). *A spay/neutered pet is more desired and easier to place then one that is not fixed.
- Able To Keep Animal Until Home Is Found: You must be able to continue to house your animal (or find someone to foster the pet) while being advertised – preferably a minimum of two weeks to two months. Very shy or scared pets may need longer. We advise placing a link to a video of the pet so potential adopters can see how well the pet will adjust if given time to do so. Videos help tremendously in the adoption process. To learn more information on finding a foster click here (Rehoming Assistance Program 3). To get more information on how to post a video click here (Rehoming Assistance Program 2)
Re-Homing Assistance Program specifics:
- No Fee: There is NO fee for our service. Animals have no voice and no choice where they end up, so we like to help them to the best of our ability. If you work fast, we will work even faster. Our program is very successful and if you take our advice, you will find your pet a great home you can be proud of and not put him or her at risk of sickness or euthanization at a shelter.
- We Act As Third Party Only: This is a referral service only and FNS acts only as a third-party resource for those looking to re-home their animals.
Our Contact Information:
To send us the link or for questions concerning FNS Rehoming Assistance Process, please email Tonja at FurryNationSalvation@hotmail.com
Or call/text 386-295-2755
*If you send to us and we don’t reply back within 12 hours please reach out to us again!